You can reverse engineer an existing Microsoft Access database. This means that you can extract the database tables, attributes, relationships, indexes and other objects from Microsoft Access database file to your diagram.
To reverse engineer Microsoft Access database:
1. Select MS Access Database Reverse Engineering () item from Reverse Engineering drop-down menu on Database tab of the Ribbon.
2. If the currently opened diagram already contains some objects, a warning dialog box will appear:
3. The Microsoft Access Reverse Engineering tool will be shown.
4. You can set the reverse engineering options in the Options tab.
Tables and Views
Tables in a diagram row
Garbage symbols remove/replace
Automatically rebuild references when no reference is reversed
5. In the Selection tab of the Access Reverse Engineering tool you can choose the tables you want to reverse engineer.
5. Click OK to start the database reverse engineering process. The Output -> Reverse docking window will display the state of the process.
6. The reversed database objects will be placed on your diagram.