Database Designer for PostgreSQL
Database structure modeling, generation and modification focused on PostgreSQL
The Microolap Database Designer for PostgreSQL is an comprehensive CASE tool with intuitive graphical interface allowing you to
- build a clear and effective database structure visually,
- see the complete picture (diagram) representing all the tables, references between them, views, stored procedures and other objects,
- easily generate a physical database on a server,
- modify it according to any changes you made to the diagram using fast ALTER statements,
- import already existing diagram from the server,
- export diagram to the common graphic formats or as SQL script,
- create detailed printings and reports.
- Database Representation
Place objects of your database on a diagram, a virtual sheet of paper.
See and realize the structure of your database and its objects: tables, views, stored procedures, functions
and relationships between them. Construct schemas, domains, tables, indexes, columns and triggers.
You can import already existing databases to a diagram by reverse engineering.
- Easy Database Generation and Maintenance
- With the database designer you can quickly create a ready-to-use PostgreSQL database
with a few clicks, and then keeping its structure up-to-date by synchronizing it
with the changes you made to a visual diagram.
Simply change the diagram Designer will generate complex
SQL statement for database modification to bring it to the state of diagram
keeping data in safe.
Moreover, you can synchronize several databases to the state of your diagram.
- Documentation: Printing, Generating Graphics and Reports
Generate powerful reports that describe all the database objects within your diagram.
You can export graphical representation of diagram to EMF, JPEG, PNG, GIF and other popular formats or
print the diagram out on multiple pages.
Database Designer for PostgreSQL makes the process of database creation
clear and simplifies maintenance of the databases. All the operations
performed in a fast, handy and intuitive interface.
The product designed for popular PostgreSQL database server
and takes into account all its features including:
- PostgreSQL's extensions to SQL syntax;
- stored procedures and functions, triggers and views;
- constraints and foreign key references;
The product can extract tables, attributes, relationships, indexes and other objects
from existing databases including PostgreSQL, Microsoft Access, MySQL,
Sybase ASE/ASA, Oracle, Informix, MSSQL, DB2, DBF and many others
that accessible through OLEDB or ODBC and import (reverse engineer) them into your diagram.
In the end, you'll get a Physical Entity Relationship Model (ER Model) that can be exported in SQL script,
or directly executed on working PostgreSQL database server.
After making changes to a diagram, you can synchronize existing PostgreSQL database with it by using Database Modification tool.
- Simple physical database creation by using a wizard;
- Database structure generation;
- Database modification: generation of ALTER statements to bring a database to the state of the diagram;
- Reverse engineering (import) of existing databases from multiple sources;
- Export of a diagram to popular graphics formats;
- Database structure reports generation;
- Checking a diagram for errors;
- Merging of diagrams;
- Ability to print diagram out on multiple pages;
- Support of PostgreSQL server starting from 7.4 and a partial support of PostgreSQL 7.3;
- Works natively under Windows OS family and Linux under Wine/WineHQ.
This maintenance release is focused on improving usability and fixing bugs.
This release introduces support for the new PostgreSQL 12 major version.
This release introduces preliminary support for PostgreSQL v11
Due to major bug found in the installer Database Designer for PostgreSQL 1.13.1 hotfix available.
This release introduces Command Palette (Ctrl + Shift + P) from which, you have access to all of the functionality of Database Designer, including keyboard shortcuts for the most common operations.
Also, Find Panel (Ctrl + F) for object managers introduced. The built-in Find Panel provides an easy way of searching visible columns in managers.
Connections without SSL are made through the special library.
More news ›