The Page Inspector dialog allows you to edit page properties and properties of the selected page element. To open this dialog use the Properties tool bar item in the Form Designer or press F11.
The Control Name property is defined in the first row of the grid and is intended for unique identification of a control within the form.
All control properties available for editing are described below, divided by categories.
- Source Type - select if control takes its data from a table column, from custom SQL, or if it is static.
- Table Name - this property is used only if Source Type is Table and defines the source table of the control.
- SQL - this property is used only if Source Type is SQL and defines the source SQL query for the control. Note, that the defined SQL query should return only one column. You can use columns of other tables, used as data source in this form, as SQL parameters, e.g. you can add to the source SQL a condition like this: where `match` = :matches.match_id.
- Field Name - this property is used only if Source Type is Table and defines the source field of the control.
Lookup Properties (used with Dropdown Box controls only)
- Lookup Source Type - select whether the lookup source query is built basing on Lookup Table and Lookup Field (Table selection), custom SQL (SQL selection), or similar to the data grids through the profile relationships.
- Lookup Table - this property is used only if Lookup Source Type is Table and defines the source table for the control lookup query.
- Lookup Field - this property is used only if Lookup Source Type is Table and defines the source field for the control lookup query.
- Display Field -this property is used only if Lookup Source Type is Table and defines the field which control actually displays.
- Lookup SQL - this property is used only if Lookup Source Type is SQL and defines the custom SQL text for the lookup query.
Table Options (used with Table controls only)
- Master Field - select a master field for building the master-detail relation from the list of form table columns.
- Detail Field - select a detail field from the table you set as Table Name for for building the master-detail relation.
- Columns - select columns to display in the grid or keep blank to display all fields.
Navigation (used with Table controls only)
- Use Page Navigation - check this option to be able to connect navigation links (first, next, etc.) to this table.
- Navigation Record Limit - select the number of records to display in table on each single page.
Hyperlink Options (used with hyperlinks only)
- Hyperlink Type - select whether the link is a static or a dynamic; dynamic link URL is generated in PHP script according to the Dynamic Properties.
- Static URL - this property is used only if Hyperlink Type is static. It simply defines the URL for the link.
- Dynamic Action - this property defines the actions, which occurs when user clicks on the control.
- Target Object - this property allows you to select whether the link action is applied to the main form or to one of the page tables.
- Sort Column - this property is used only if Dynamic Action is Sort. It defines the table column, by which the table data will be sorted on clicking the link.
- External Page - this property is used only if Dynamic Action is Go to External Script. It is intended for creating a dynamic link to another page, created with DBACentral and defines the file name of the page.
- External Navigation Parameter - - this property is used only if Dynamic Action is Go to External Script and defines the navigation parameter for the target page. This parameter can be either a constant value or a value from one of the form fields.
- Allow Disable - use this property to define whether the link is disabled (using style classes) if it's not usable: e.g. links First and Prev for the first page of the script, etc.
The Page Name property is defined in the first row of the grid and is intended for unique identification of the page within the profile.
All page properties available for editing are described below, divided by categories.
File Name - the name of the file, where the generated page is actually stored.
Root Directory - the root directory of the page, which is used for generating relative links.
Description - an optional description for the page, which you can see in the Detail view of the Profile Window | Web Pages page;
Title - the title of the web page;
Allow Editing - if this option is off, then all page controls will be read-only, and no inserting will be available;
Allow Deleting - this option enables the Delete button in the form navigator bar.
- Text Color - defines the main page text color.
- Link Color - defines the page link color.
- Active Link Color - defines the page active link color.
- Visited Link Color - defines the page visited link color.
- Master Table - the main table of the page, used for navigation, applying data modifications, and master-detail relations within the page.
- Order by Field - this property allows you to select a field, by which the source table should by ordered.
- Select Distinct - check this option to select only distinct records from the source table.
When you are done click the OK button, or click Cancel to close the dialog without any changes.
©2004 MicroOLAP Technologies LTD. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks are the sole property of their respective owners.