The Domain Designer is provided for managing profile domains. To learn more about using domains see the Domains topic. To open the Domain Designer select the Tools | Domains main menu item.
The functionality of the Domain Designer is quite similar to those of the Table Designer Columns tab. The main list displays all domains available in the profile, and their basic properties. The right pane displays the detail properties for the domain, selected in the list.
The domain list displays all the profile domains and allows you to modify the following domain properties:
- Domain Name - the name of the column, which must be unique within the table;
- Data Type - the type of the domain, which specifies data to store in the domain column;
- Primary Key - specify this option to include the domain field into the table primary key;
- Comment - an arbitrary description for the domain column.
The properties pane allows you to define the advanced properties of the domain, selected in the Domain List. The appearance of this pane changes according to the data type of the domain. These properties are:
- Length - this attribute defines the maximum allowed length of the stored values; it applies to all integer, decimal, and string types;
- Decimals - this attribute defines the number of digits, which follow the decimal point in the FLOAT, DOUBLE, and DECIMAL types;
- Not null - this option indicates that the stored column value cannot be NULL;
- Binary - this attribute indicates that the string value is stored in a binary form within the domain column;
- Unsigned - this option indicates that the stored integer or decimal value must be above zero;
- Zerofill - with this attribute all unspecified digits of the field value are filled as zeros according to the column Length and Decimals; it applies to all integer and decimal types;
- Unique - this option indicates that the column value must be unique within the table, creating a unique index for the column;
- Autoinc - this attribute makes the column value autoincrement, i.e. each new value is set automatically according to the previous value; it applies to all integer values;
- Set - this attribute defines the list of permissible values for the field of the ENUM or SET type;
- Default - this attribute defines the default value, which the column accepts if no other is specified.
You can customize the domain list and the properties pane. Click the Customize button on the toolbar to change the display properties of the Domain Designer within the Customize Column Design dialog.
©2004 MicroOLAP Technologies LTD. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks are the sole property of their respective owners.