The Options tab of the Table Designer allows
you to view and modify the basic properties of the designed table, such as table
name, table type, row format, and others.
The following table properties are available for editing:
Table Name - the name of the table, which must
be unique within the database.
Table Type - MySQL-specific type of the designed
table. This type defines how MySQL stores and searches data in tables. Note, that
to use MySQL foreign keys (diagram references) you should use the InnoDB table
- Row Format - defines how rows will be stored in
the MySQL table.
- Min. Rows - defines minimum number of rows you plan
to store in the table. Leave zero for the default value.
- Max. Rows - defines maximum number of rows you plan to store
in the table. Leave zero for the default value.
- Avg. Row Length - an approximation of the average
row length for your table. You only need to set this for large tables with variable
- the next AUTO_INCREMENT value
you want to set for your table (MyISAM
- Pack Keys - this option works for MyISAM and ISAM
tables only. It makes table indexes smaller. This usually makes updates slower
and reads faster.
- Checksum - this option works for MyISAM tables only.
It maintains a checksum for all rows (makes table a little slower to update but
makes it easier to find the corrupted tables).
- Delay Key Write - this option works for MyISAM
tables only. It delays key table updates until the table is closed.
- Comment - A 60-character native MySQL comment for your table.
- Union Tables - this option allows you to create a collection of MyISAM tables as a single MRG_MyISAM table.
©2004 MicroOLAP Technologies LTD. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks are the sole property of their respective owners.